I just started preparing baby food out of the meals that I cook for myself at home. If you have a healthy diet, it’s easy to make baby food out of your meals since the baby can eat the same foods that you are eating. This is a delicious, rich in nutrients meal for you and baby.
- Chicken Breast: as needed for the family and about 4 ounces cut into pieces for baby
- Salt and Lemon
- Veggies: Peeled Cassava or yuca root, Carrots, Broccoli cuts
- Brown Rice
- Boil the brown rice to cook.
- Season the chicken breast pieces for the baby with lemon and a pinch of salt. You can steam the veggies and chicken pieces for baby toghether in a steaming pot. I have one that is very convenient because I can steam on top of the pot that is cooking the rice. You can cook the chicken breast for the rest of the family separately in another pot or skillet; this way you can season or cook as you wish, without affecting the baby food ingredients. In my steaming pot I added carrots, broccoli and peeled cassava (yuca) pieces. When adding veggies keep in mind that you will use about 3.5 ounces total for the baby food, so add the desired amount that will be enough for the rest of the family also. Add about 4 ounces of seasoned chicken pieces for the baby to the steaming pot also and cook all together with the veggies.
3. Add ingredients to the blender: about 2 ounces of cooked brown rice, about 4 ounces of the chicken pieces, about 2 ounces of the cassava, about 1 ounce of the broccoli and 1/2 ounce of the carrots. This way you get a little more of the cassava in the veggies.
Add water to blender for desired consistency. You can add from water that was left from steaming the veggies (boiled and rich in nutrients). Makes about 8 ounces of baby puree.
The rest of the family enjoyed the veggies with melted butter and the chicken breast topped with homemade honey mustard sauce, bacon and cheese.
Easy, well balanced, delicious and nutritious meals for you and baby.