Ingredients: Stew Beef meat cubes, Carrots, Peeled Sweet Potato, Brown Rice, Garlic, Ginger, Salt
1. Use desired amount of beef that will be enough for the hole family, 2-3 ounces will be for the baby. Sprinkle about 1-2 pinches of salt around the beef and mix to season it a little bit.
2. Use desired amount of cartots and sweet potato that will be enough for the whole family, 4-5 ounces will be for the baby.
3. Place the beef, sweet potato and carrots pieces to cook with water in the crockpot.
4. Add garlic and about the same amount of ginger to the ingredients in the crockpot and stir. You can use a potato peeler to slice the ginger. This will add a nice natural flavor to the beef.
This is very convenient for moms that work because you can leave it cooking in low in the morning and should be cooked when you come back from work in the evening. Make sure that you are cooking with enough water in the crock pot, usually about 2 fingers of water above the food is sufficient. When you come home, you have a nice meal for you and the baby.
Make sure that the beef is cooked in the center.
5. Boil the rice to cook.
6. Add about 4-5 ounces of the sweet potato and carrots from the crockpot to a blender.
7. Add about 3 ounces of the brown rice to the blender.
8. Add about 2-3 ounces of the beef to the blender.
9. Add water from the crockpot cooking mixture for desired condistency of the puree. Avoid the big chunks of ginger or garlic.
10. Blend and Voila! These amounts make about 8 ounces of baby puree.
Store ounces individually as your baby needs.
We made a stew out of the crockpot ingredients on a separate pot with tomato sauce and sofrito puertorrican seasoning for ourselves to eat with the brown rice. Baby had his lighter yet flavorful version of our food.